Article delegate-en/5080 of [1-5169] on the server localhost:119
search
[Reference:<_A5044@delegate-en.ML_>]
Newsgroups: mail-lists.delegate-en

[DeleGate-En] Re: xferlog
03 Jun 2014 09:56:26 GMT feedback@delegate.org (Yutaka Sato)
The DeleGate Project

Hi Marvin,

you Marvin Tapessur <pn4iqbdyi-rn3efjjsnxtr.ml@ml.delegate.org> wrote:
 |Hi
 |
 |We have a dispute with one of our trading partners that claim that they
 |haven't received some of the files we sent to them. We use delegate as our
 |FTP proxy. When I check the xferlog I see the following. Can I assume that
 |when I find the transfer in the xferlog the file is send successfully or is
 |that not the case?

Maybe, but you should check your LOGFILE (if you are not suppressing
it) whether of not there are lines recording something unusual around
the transfer.  If you can't interpret it, someone including me could
do it by proxy, if the log is given :p

 |Also, notice the "W" at the end that suppose to be the
 |DelegateStatus. W is not mentioned in the documentation, only L, H and N.
 |What does W mean?

"W" means other than L, H and N.  The source file tansferred is
not { Local to the DeleGate host, Hit in the DeleGate cache,
Non-cached hit }.  If you are using DeleGate as a proxy server and
not configured it to use cache (by CACHE=do), this field is "W".
And because uploading a file is not classified to any of these case,
the status of uploading (by STOR typically) is aloways "W".

 |Fri Mar 01 11:17:51 2013 0 10.235.109.96 1152
 |//100B@gb../send/file333.txt
 |<mailto://SJSH100B@globalec../send/File20130301101803.txt>  a _ i
 |r 100B ftp 0 * W

 Fri Mar 01 11:17:51 2013   -- date and time of the transfer
 0                          -- time (in seconds) taken for the transfer
 10.235.109.96              -- client host of the transfer
 1152                       -- size of the tansferred data
 //100B@gb../send/file333.txt
                            -- name of the transferrd file
 <mailto://SJSH100B@globalec../send/File20130301101803.txt>
                            -- ?? what is this?
 a                          -- the transfer is done in ASCII mode
 _                          -- no special action (always)
 i                          -- direction of the transfer was 'i'ncoming
 r                          -- 'r'eal user (not anonymous)
 100B                       -- user name (seems unusual)
 ftp                        -- service name (always)
 0                          -- no authenticaton
 *                          -- the user is not authenticated
 W                          -- transfer status of DeleGate

 |Thanks!

 |-Marvin

Cheers from Japan,
Yutaka
--
  9 9   Yutaka Sato (CSDP,ITIL-F,OCUP-A,Security+,ISTQB-F)
Do the more with the less -- B. Fuller

@_@V